Here’s where I’m at with Star Wars: The Last Jedi, it’s quite possibly the best Star Wars film to date! I have a hard time convincing myself that it isn’t. Thematically, this film is PACKED with all the right stuff that make it intriguing and relevant to our culture today, and I believe into the future as well. It’s also beautifully shot.
Without giving away too much, here are a handful of things The Last Jedi is about:
- Failure as the greatest teacher.
- Fighting for love not for hate.
- War not being black and white.
- Understanding the difference between the man and the legend.
- Learning it’s not about who you are or where you come from.
Many people have already written about all the wonderfulness that is The Last Jedi. I’ll leave you with one of the best lines from the film:
That’s how we’re gonna win. Not by fighting what we hate. By saving what we love.
If you are jonesing for some in-depth spoiler reading, I recommend:
- Failure, Peace and Purpose in The Last Jedi – Laurel Carney – Medium
- Indistinguishable From Magic — Rey, Rose, and Revolution: The Last Jedi Review
- “This is Not Going to Go the Way You Think”: The Last Jedi Is Subversive AF, and I Am Here for It – Bitter Gertrude